When planning a reception in New England, it can be overwhelming to think about all of the details that have to be handled in order to pull off the perfect celebration for your special day. One of the best tips for Massachusetts brides is to work with a wedding reception facility that offers the services of professional wedding reception planners. The Crystal Room is a premier venue that offers planning services in addition to all the bells and whistles, making it the perfect location for your wedding reception in Milford, MA.
To reduce stress and stay on top of the planning, it can be helpful to start a list of things you need to do and keep a calendar so you won’t miss any important planning dates, contract dates or deadlines. Again, working with the wedding reception planner at The Crystal Room can help cut out a lot of the work that you would have to do when planning a reception in New England.
The Decor: 5 Ideas for your Wedding Reception in Milford, MA
When planning the decor for your wedding reception, it helps to have an idea of what you want for the overall theme of your special day. Some brides choose seasonal themes, others choose their theme based on the location of the event, while still others choose a theme that means something to them and their groom-to-be.
- When planning a reception in New England, make sure to visit the venue before you go shopping or even start bookmarking ideas. You may not need as many decorations as you originally thought.
- Lighting can be an amazingly affordable type of decoration that will set the mood for the entire event. Ask the venue about any special lighting effects or the ability to bring in candles or other lighting as decoration.
- Pick a single theme, such as specific colors, flowers, a destination or some element that can be repeated throughout the venue to personalize your event. Too many themes going on at once can be confusing and will not look cohesive when put together.
- Try to just focus on the basics. Decorate the entry way, the cake table, the wedding party table, the gift table and put centerpieces, garland, candles, candies or other items on the guest tables that coordinate with the theme.
- Keep your guests in mind when you choose centerpieces. Make sure you don’t put out anything that would affect someone’s allergies or anything that is too large so guests can’t see around it to chat during the reception.
Organization: 5 Ideas to Keep It Under Control
There are so many things that must be considered when planning a reception in New England. The best way to make sure that you don’t forget a thing on your very special day, it’s a good idea to get yourself organized as soon as possible and stay on top of everything on up to the wedding day.
- Get the big stuff out of the way first by booking the venue at The Crystal Room to make sure it is available, work with the venue planner on choosing a reception menu, pick the theme so you can purchase decor and make a decision about the music.
- Create a timeline for yourself. Whether you have a year, six months or six weeks to plan, make sure to know how far in advance you will need to place orders for things like flowers, entertainment, caterers, the venue and more.
- Make sure your guests know about your wedding so they will be able to attend. If you have six months or more to plan, send out “save the date” cards when you set the date so your guests can put in for time off from work and make flight or hotel plans.
- Make sure to get contracts from each and every vendor that you work with, from The Crystal Room for your wedding reception in Milford, MA to the DJ and everyone in between. Keep a folder with hard copies of your contracts and business cards to help you keep track.
- Get a friend to help you with the details. If you decide to go it alone and not work with a professional planner, make sure to enlist a friend. One of the best tips for Massachusetts brides is to pick a friend that is calm, organized and available.
Budgeting: 5 Tips to Avoid Over-Spending
It is easy to let your budget get out of control. When planning a reception in New England, it is important to set a strict budget and stick to it. There are ways to save money on basic items so you will have more money for choosing a reception menu, hiring a live band or getting your dream wedding cake.
- Consider making your own favors. Visit a local craft shop or check out Pinterest for tons of great ideas on making memorable favors that will coordinate with your theme.
- One way to reduce costs is to have the flowers at the ceremony brought to The Crystal Room for your wedding reception in Milford, MA. Assign trustworthy friends or family members to collect floral decorations from the ceremony venue and bring it on out to set up inside the reception area before the guests arrive.
- Choose a venue that includes certain items like linens, tables, chairs and other essentials in with the price. The Crystal Room has a large list of included items and other optional items that can be added.
- Make sure to include the time that the reception starts and the time that it ends in your invitations. This will save you on overage charges at the reception hall and will help your guests know when it’s time to pack up and leave.
- Consider getting a photo booth for your wedding reception in Milford, MA instead of hiring a photographer for the reception. Getting a professional to take pictures during the ceremony and immediately after is important, but a photo booth is a fun way to get pics of all your guests and provide them with some free entertainment as well.
If you are planning a reception in New England, contact The Crystal Room about hosting your wedding reception in Milford, MA. Our professional planners can help you with everything from picking the date to setting up the room, choosing a reception menu and suggesting other tips for Massachusetts brides. Give us a call at 508-478-7800 to find out more about our venue or to schedule an appointment for a walk-through of the facility.