Fall is here and, if you are having a fall wedding, you are possibly in the phase where you are trying to select your wedding decorations or you will be very soon. You probably have the rings, the dress, and possibly the wedding venue. Massachusetts is a beautiful state to get married in during the fall months, especially when the fall foliage is at its peak. This makes for some rather beautiful weather photos. Being that the weather is most likely going to be unpredictable, you may wish to have your wedding inside. However, the fall foliage makes it very desirable to have the wedding outside and then bring the reception indoors.
Whatever you choose to do in regards to the location is entirely up to you, but there are some really fun and beautiful wedding decoration ideas that you can use to make your day one that won’t be forgotten. Here are some ideas to start with:
- Mix natural textures and bold hues – You want to go with a good autumn color mix. You can look at photos of fall foliage for inspiration. Aurora Red, Cypress, and Radiant Orchard are some of the colors that are in style right now. You can then add a colored sash to the wedding dress, fall colors for the bridesmaid dresses, and the ties of the groomsmen can match those dresses. This is a good way to opt for a bright look or go for a vintage look for your wedding. Vintage is very in right now.
- Utilize the makeup – The bride and the bridesmaids can choose fall wedding makeup that coordinates well with fall colored decorations. The guests will notice when the bride and her ladies coordinate with the surroundings.
- Using light – Fall is a time of year where the blue skies are very blue and the night skies are very dark. If you are having a nighttime wedding outside or an indoor reception with the lights turned down, you can add different types of lighting to add warmth. Low light, logs, twisted willow branches, mosses, subtle corals, and a romantic twinkle in the atmosphere are just some of the ideas you can use
- Pumpkins – Pumpkins are not just for Halloween, but they are great as fall decorations. You can bring in the pumpkins, gourds, cornstalks, and other fall decorations to really bring fall into your wedding. Top this off by serving cider during the reception and bundling wheat bundles as centerpieces for the tables. Also don’t forget the caramel apples.
- In season flowers – A flower shop can help you with this, but some of the in season flowers include Red Rover Mums, Alstroemeria, Billy Balls, and Spray Red Roses.
Tips For Your Wedding
So here are some tips for you, starting with the colors that are in season: emerald, purple, orange, ruby red, and brown. You can combine these colors in any way that you wish. Some may even integrate some gold into their fall colors to give them a bit more personality. You can find some classy or cute wedding decorations using these colors.
Next, decide on the venue type. You can choose a venue that focuses on weddings, a hotel, the traditional church, or take it outdoors. Where you choose will determine the placement and maybe even the type of wedding ceremony decorations that you choose. Also consider where you are going to have your reception. Many times, a reception does not take place at the same place as the wedding. You can have an outdoor wedding and then choose an indoor wedding reception venue. Just remember that you will need to have decorations for that too.
Third, the popular dress styles for fall are the one shoulder A-Line, the sheath mid-length, the sweetheart mermaid, and the strapless ball gown. Even if it is rather chilly outside, there are very cute cover-ups that can be used with these types of dresses.
Lastly, create memorable favors that include succulents like plants that smell wonderful, hot cocoa kits for those cold evenings, salt water taffy because everyone loves a little something sweet, and mini pies that the guests can take home with them and enjoy.
If you are in need of an indoor wedding and/or reception venue with full service options and the ability to ensure you have the best fall wedding possible, The Crystal Room can help you. We specialize in weddings and receptions with great packages available that fit your budget. To learn more about what we offer, call us at 508-478-7800 or fill out our contact form and someone from our office will get back to you.