One of the most difficult choices that you will make when planning a wedding reception in Milford, MA is selecting the menu for you and your guests. Some couples may choose to host a budget wedding reception with a cocktail and hors-d’oeuvres selection, but in most cases, your guests will be expecting a meal. There are lots of reception menu ideas online, in wedding books, and maybe even in your head when you think about wedding reception activities and what will happen at your “dream” wedding. However, your best bet is to sit down with the on-site event coordinator at your venue and discuss the options available.
The Crystal Room is a premier wedding venue located in Southeastern Massachusetts. In addition to providing ample parking, a beautiful wedding space, tons of amenities, and a conveniently located facility, we also have a Custom Wedding package that allows our customers to pick and choose from a variety of options the things that they want most for their special day. One of those areas includes reception menu ideas for a four-course meal. You can start with the basic package of included options for no extra cost, or you can upgrade your menu choices accordingly, based on your tastes and desires for your reception. Contact our office to set up a menu tasting so you can go over your ideas for your wedding reception in Milford, MA.
What to Expect: The Basic Menu
When you visit The Crystal Room to make plans for your Custom Wedding package, there are some things you should know in advance. Whether you are planning an “over the top” celebration or are gearing more toward a budget wedding reception, there are lots of options either way. The included menu items will help you to plan a memorable dinner for all of your guests and the package also includes a five-hour use of The Crystal Room, a champagne toast for all your guests, cake cutting enhancement and cutting services, plus complimentary food tasting for the bride and groom. So make sure to set up an appointment for a food tasting to start making selections for your included four-course plated meal.
- The First Course – Choose one from a selection of Homemade Chicken Escarole Soup, Homemade Vegetable Minestrone Soup, and Homemade Italian Wedding Soup.
- The Second Course – Choose one from a selection of a Tossed Garden Salad with Seasoned Croutons and Italian Dressing or a Classic Caesar Salad with Shredded Parmesan Cheese and Caesar Dressing.
- The Third Course – Choose a Main Entree from the following: Roast Turkey with Sage Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce, and Pan Gravy; Center Cut Stuffed Pork Loin with Sage Stuffing, Cinnamon Apple Sauce, and Pan Gravy; Baked Stuffed Boneless Breast of Chicken with Sage Bread Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce, and Pan Gravy; or Baked Stuffed Boneless Breast of Chicken with Seasoned Rice Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce, and Pan Gravy. Vegetable choices include Fresh String Beans Almondine; Fresh String Beans Sauteed in Garlic and Oil; Glazed Fancy Sliced Carrots; and Buttered Sliced Carrots. Starch choices include Whipped Idaho Potatoes; Italian Style Oven Roasted Potatoes; Oven Roasted Red Bliss Potatoes; and Rice Pilaf.
- The Fourth Course – Wedding Cake and Coffee/Tea Station
As you can see, even with the basic “included” menu for the four-course meal in the Custom Wedding package at The Crystal Room, there are a lot of options for reception menu ideas. Once you choose what will be served at your traditional, classic, modern, or budget wedding reception, then you can move on to planning wedding reception activities and pick out decorations for your wedding reception in Milford, MA.
Menu Upgrades Available
In addition to the basic included menu, couples can also make changes and select from an extensive list of reception menu ideas to further customize their menu. It is important to note that these upgrades will increase the costs, so if you are trying to stick to a budget wedding reception, make sure to take that into consideration. Some of the menu upgrades include adding hors-d’oeuvres to the four-course menu, such as fresh scallops wrapped in bacon, Italian cocktail meatballs, spring rolls with dipping sauce, and an assortment of mini items. Other upgrades are available for the second, third, and fourth courses.
Some of the options for the upgrade include:
- The Second Course – Classic Antipasto, Penne Pasta with Meat Tomato Sauce, Ricotta Cheese Ravioli, and Jumbo Stuffed Shells.
- The Third Course – Chicken Cordon Bleu, New York Roasted Sirloin Steak, Surf and Turf, Lamb Chops, Grilled Salmon, and Baked Haddock.
- The Fourth Course – Assorted Fancy Pastries, Vanilla Ice Cream, and Sliced Cheesecake with Strawberries.
Additional upgrades are available for vegetable and starch items for the fourth course, as well as extra options for the second and third courses. A buffet option and stations choices are also available upon request. All food prices and services can change without notice, and all menu upgrades are priced per person only and are only available as an upgrade from the package menu. Make sure to work directly with the on-site event coordinator at our venue to make your selections, whether you are sticking to the basic included list or will be adding upgrades.
Contact The Crystal Room
If you are interested in planning a wedding reception in Milford, MA at our premier venue, give us a call at 508-478-7800. We can assist you in making selections for everything from reception menu ideas to wedding reception activities. We have helped couples plan dream weddings, traditional weddings, modern weddings, theme weddings, and even budget wedding receptions. Make sure to consider our Custom Wedding package, which includes everything you need to host a beautiful wedding right here in Southeastern Massachusetts.