When you are organizing a business event, the food can be a very important part of it. In fact, you need to keep the attendees fed in order to keep their attention. If they are sitting there hungry, their experience may not be what you need it to be. If you feed them, then they are going to be pleased with the way that they are being treated during the conference and this can go a long way when it comes to word of mouth about your company and/or any conferences that you conduct.
The first thing to consider when trying to decide on what type of food to offer at your business event is the time of day in which you will need food to be served.
If you are working with a conference venue, choose a conference venue in Massachusetts that can provide catering. This is one way you can obtain the best catered food for less because it is factored into the cost of the venue. Sometimes conferences take an entire day and that may result in you needing more than one catered menu. You have your choice of:
- Buffet-style catering
When you opt for catered halls, you have food that is served on-site in a full service kitchen. This means you have a wide range of catered menus to choose from so that you can give your conference attendees the menu that you want them to have.
Finding the Right Foods
Chances are, you will be presented with a number of menu options. This means that you have a decision to make. Here is how you can make that decision:
- You can try the standard of the food during a food tasting. This is a good opportunity to know what the quality of the catering is. You should let the caterer know your likes and dislikes so that he or she will know what food to recommend to you from that point. Do not be afraid to ask questions because you do need the details.
- Ask about food presentation. This is a good time to find out more about how they present the food to event attendees. Do they serve dressing on the side or does it come on the salad? That is an example of a question that you should ask. You can also ask if the food is delivered in succession or at once.
- Share what you think with the caterer. Caterers see food tastings as a time to improve their food’s presentation and the standard of the food. This is why it is important that you give your honest feedback. This will give them an idea of how you want the food to be so that it can be served that way at the event.
- Before booking, make sure you ask about charges and procedures. This will help you be prepared. Ask as many questions as possible.
- Quality of the food is important, but the services and the chemistry with the staff is something that is very important. The two of you will be working together to put together your business event, so it is important that everyone gets along.
- Make sure you factor in the fact that there may be some people with certain food allergies. You will need to have menu items for those who may be allergic to dairy, nuts, and even eggs. This will prevent any emergency situations from happening.
Catering Everyone can Agree with
When you opt for a catering package with the venue, you have a win-win situation. Catered halls can very easily cater to your needs and wants since the food is prepared on-site. As for the issue where some individuals may not be able to eat certain foods, that is something that can be worked around. From there, you can ensure that your attendees are fed throughout the day so that they are comfortable and can say that they truly enjoyed attending to the event. A catered hall also tells your attendees that you are extremely organized and that you seriously know how to put on an event.
When you need a venue that also gives you catering options, The Crystal Room Conference Center can give you what you need for your business event. To find out more about our services, call us at 508-478-7800 or fill out our contact form.