One of the coolest trends in weddings this year brings a major change to the traditional bachelor and bachelorette party. Instead of having a “stag” party and a “hen” party for the guys and then for the girls, many couples are choosing instead to have a joint party that brings everyone together to celebrate the upcoming nuptials. All you need to do is find the best party venue in Milford, choose a theme, consider some reception entertainment ideas for the party, and invite the whole crew. You can keep the party small, just inviting the wedding party and their plus-ones, or you can make it big, and invite both families, plus lots of close friends and co-workers. The party can be ultra hip and trendy, or it can be a reflection of the theme for your wedding reception in Milford, MA – whatever you want it to be.
Why This is a Good Idea
For generations, just the thought of what happened or might have happened during the respective parties would drive the bride and groom crazy. In fact, many bachelor and bachelorette parties have been behind canceled weddings or caused one person to get left standing alone at the altar. This new twist on an old tradition brings the couple together for one “last night” of partying as single people so they can share in the fun together. Just make sure that your guests all know ahead of time that this will be a co-ed event and that everyone knows what to expect when they arrive for the party. You can host this at the same place where your Milford wedding reception will be held, or you can pick another location, based on your needs for space and amenities.
The couple can plan the party themselves with the help of the maid of honor and the best man or the party can be a complete surprise, planned together by their closest friends. Whatever the situation, just make sure that someone who knows the wishes and the interests of the couple is in control of the plans. You wouldn’t want to plan anything that might ruin the traditional ceremony and elegant wedding reception planned for the next day. Consider the time of the wedding when you make plans and try not to keep everyone out too late. Another side effect of the joint party is not having groomsmen or bridesmaids go “missing” because they had too many drinks or got too crazy the night before the wedding. This can help keep everyone accountable.
Ideas for a Joint Party
So the night before the day you get married and celebrate with a wedding reception in Milford, MA should also be a great and memorable experience. You can pick a lot of different reception entertainment ideas and themes, mirror the theme for your Milford wedding reception or do something completely unexpected. If the couple was toying with a fun or kitschy theme but decided to have a more traditional and elegant wedding reception, you can include that fun theme in their pre-wedding day celebration.
Some ideas that you can integrate into your plans for the best party venue in Milford include:
- Hire a limo to pick up all of the guests and make it classy – include champagne and a tour of local places that mean a lot to the bride and groom.
- Do something big, special and over the top. If you are doing a movie theme, have the film playing on screens in the background during the party, get decorations, and even provide fun favors that reflect the couples’ love of the movie. Include food items that give it that movie theater feel, including popcorn, boxed candy, and big sodas.
- Go traditional with the decorations – get balloons, streamers, and party hats.
- Hire some live entertainment – get a DJ, a band, an entertainer of some sort – just make sure that it is something that the bride AND groom would both appreciate.
- Don’t use the cliche titles for the evening, calling it the “last night” out or anything negative; instead focus on a positive future together, finding new ways to express that they will be moving on to the next part of their journey together in a good way.
- Host a dress-up party – either in costume to match the theme or dress up, as in getting all dressed up in fancy attire that is not the tuxedos and dresses for the wedding. Include a fancy dinner or cocktail party as part of the festivities.
- Play fun games that get everyone involved, such as a modern take on the “Newlywed Game” that involves asking the couple questions to see how they do when asked about each other.
Remember the Goal of the Evening
Whatever you do when making plans for a joint bachelor and bachelorette party, just make sure that you remember the goal of the evening: to celebrate the wedding plans of the bride and groom, wish them well, and spend some time together before they get married and run off to their honeymoon. Many couples ultimately end up moving away after marriage, so this type of party can be a great way for friends to see them and spend more time with them than they would be able to during the wedding when everyone is busy and running around the venue for the Milford wedding reception.
If you are looking for the best party venue in Milford to host your special event, make sure to contact The Crystal Room at 508-478-7800 and ask to take a tour of our facility. We have hosted many different types of events, including parties, celebrations, weddings and wedding receptions in Milford, MA at our premier venue. Whether the couple is getting married or hosting their Milford wedding reception at our location or not, we have all of the space and amenities you could ever need to host a fun and memorable event.