While most couples acknowledge that it is the ceremony that means the most when planning a wedding, a majority of the attention – and the expense – ultimately goes toward the reception. From booking the right wedding reception hall in Massachusetts to accommodate you, your guests and all of the activities you want to include, to going over reception menu ideas, decorations and choosing flowers and other essentials in your seasonal wedding colors, the costs can rise rather quickly if you aren’t careful.
One way to reduce the amount of money that you spend on a classic or elegant wedding reception is to choose a venue that has a natural beauty and doesn’t require a lot of decoration to make it look right for your celebration. The Crystal Room in Milford, Massachusetts is a premier venue that has been recently renovated for 2014. It features a beautiful ballroom with hardwood flooring, gorgeous crystal chandeliers, a variety of lighting options to set the mood and lots of great choices included in with the wedding package to reflect the theme or color scheme of your special day.
Making Smart Choices
If you do choose to add other elements in your seasonal wedding colors to include with the pre-existing decor at the wedding reception hall in Massachusetts, make sure to do so wisely. Have a budget in mind ahead of time on how much you want to spend and stick with it. Make the decorations budget separate from the budget for the venue, as well as any vendors like cake bakers, DJs or a live band. This will help you to keep your focus on the decorations for your elegant wedding reception and not take funds from other essential areas, such as reception menu ideas or limousine services.
Some great ways to upgrade the decorations at your reception include:
- White Lights – Use white Christmas lights to decorate the reception area. Speak with the event planner at the venue to find out where and how this special lighting can be used to enhance your experience. Some people use battery-powered white lights to decorate the gift or cake tables, guest tables or just to highlight the table for the wedding party. You can also use them in plants or other floral displays to put focus on those items during your celebration.
- Ribbons & Fabric – Believe it or not, a trip to the local hobby store might be the best thing for your wedding decor. There are lots of fun and exciting ways to integrate your seasonal wedding colors into the wedding reception hall in Massachusetts just by using ribbons and fabric. Long, flowing runners on the guest tables, special bows and embellishments on the gift and cake tables, enhancements to the dance floor and much more. Again, speak with the event planner for even more ideas.
- Special Features – Another great way to really kick up the look and feel of your elegant wedding reception is to use special features, such as a water feature like a fountain, or a chocolate fountain or other interactive dessert feature. The item can be showcased on a separate table or be part of another serving area at your reception. Speak with the event planner to find out about any available options already on-site or to get permission to use a special feature during the celebration.
- Photos – One of the hottest trends in decoration a wedding reception hall in Massachusetts is to use actual photos of the bride, groom and any special family members. If the bride or groom has lost a parent or grandparent that they were extremely close to, some couples are choosing to have a memorial table set up with photos of the deceased so they can feel as though they are part of the celebration. Photos of the bride and groom as children are also popular, strung across the venue to help evoke memories and inspire future possibilities for the couple and their families.
- Favors – While wedding favors are not a requirement of an elegant wedding reception, many brides still choose to offer these to their guests. Favors should be set out at the tables in front of each place setting or provided in a convenient basket or some other type of arrangement to guests as they arrive. Favors can be anything from a beautifully wrapped bag of Jordan almonds in your seasonal wedding colors tied with a pretty ribbon or a cool take-away gift that your guests can keep to remember your special day forever. Favors make great table decorations that can enhance the look and feel of the rest of the venue.
- Candles – Thankfully there are some really beautiful and realistic-looking LED candles that can be used safely at your wedding reception hall in Massachusetts without worrying about fire codes and liability issues. Plus, even if you buy dozens of candles to use at your elegant wedding reception, you can re-use them or even give them as favors and gifts to your guests, so they won’t go to waste. There’s just something beautiful about candle light that really sets the mood. Even the LED versions set such an amazing tone that even Christmas lights and other mood lights can’t match.
- Flowers – While a little more expensive than other options mentioned here, flowers that are done in your seasonal wedding colors can really upgrade the look of any room or venue. To save money, check out some of the lifelike artificial flowers that are available at hobby and craft stores for ideas on how to create displays, bouquets, flower balls and other trendy decorative items for your elegant wedding reception.
Contact The Crystal Room in Milford, MA
If you are planning a wedding in the Southeastern Massachusetts, Rhode Island or Connecticut area and are looking for a beautiful venue for your elegant wedding reception, consider The Crystal Room wedding reception hall in Massachusetts. Located just off the I-495, our location is convenient to guests coming from all over the northeastern states. Plenty of parking, tons of great amenities and included reception menu ideas and event planning services are all available for your to choose from for your special day. Call 508-478-7800 to check in availability or to schedule a tour of our facility.