One of the most exciting parts about planning a wedding reception is getting to look at all the latest trends, styles, and ideas to find the ones that are right for you and your special day. Once you get your Boston area banquet hall secured and know exactly where you are hosting your ceremony and reception, you can start making plans. Go over the specifications for the wedding reception hall in Massachusetts with the on-site coordinator so you will know what areas of the facility can be decorated and find out if there are any limitations or special requirements for any of your ideas.Then you can start going through the details for your wedding reception in Milford, Massachusetts, including vendors that you want to hire, any special activities that you want to include, reception menu ideas, and much more.
Top Wedding Trends for the New Year
Each year all of the bridal magazines and websites post their insight to create a list of anticipated trends for the New Year. This year is no different. While you might be happy to see that some themes and ideas are “out” and options that you wanted are now considered to be “in,” it is important to know one thing: it is your special day and you can do whatever you want. Don’t be afraid to buck the system and go ahead with your original plans to create the wedding and reception of your dreams, regardless of what the “trendy” people say.
- Modern Vintage – While retro things have been popular for quite a while, this year’s look brings a little bit of glamour to the traditional vintage decor. Classic centerpieces with loads of flowers and embellishments with candles, white lights, and ornate place settings for guests. Simple, yet elegant. Old, yet new. This year will feature a lot of “mash-up” styles that bring in elements from two or more styles for your wedding reception hall in Massachusetts.
- Neutral Colors – Forget the bold and brash color-of-the-year, today’s bride wants something that won’t make her photos 20 or 30 years from now look old and out-dated. Neutral colors that have a classic and timeless appeal are very “in” right now. Decorate everything from the Boston area banquet hall to bouquets, bridal party wear to the wedding cake in toned down, neutral colors with a touch of grey. Think charcoal, grayish brown, grayish blue, cream and other rich, yet still very neutral, hues.
- Heavy Metal – Put away your studded leather jackets, this type of “heavy metal” features decor for your wedding reception in Milford, Massachusetts that is heavy with metallic colors, tones, shades, and elements. Rose gold, pewter, and copper work well when paired with traditional black-and-white wedding elements. Don’t over-do it, but use these metallic colors and select items sparingly.
- Specialty Flowers – Forget choosing a signature color, how about a signature bloom? Roses will always be a popular choice for weddings, but today’s brides are selecting less-known varieties and planning the decor, bouquets, bridal party attire, and even the cake design around their favorite flowers. Think romantic and soft flowers that make a big impression, such as dahlias, peonies, and large-petal roses. Scatter petals around tables, use them in garland, and float blooms with candles in crystal bowls. Make sure to check with the local wedding reception hall in Massachusetts to make sure that your decor conforms with rental requirements.
- Local Trends – With such a focus on farm-to-table restaurants and other businesses that celebrate local fare, many couples are getting in on the action and are infusing reception menu ideas with local flavors. Work with the caterer to create unique items for your wedding reception in Milford, Massachusetts that really embrace the taste and trends of New England. Create a wedding theme that celebrates your local area in every way.
The Crystal Room Premiere Wedding Venue in Milford
If you are searching for a Boston area banquet hall to host your wedding ceremony, bridal shower or wedding reception, look no further than The Crystal Room. Our newly renovated facility has all of the features, options, and opportunities you could ever want to plan the perfect wedding reception in Milford, Massachusetts. Our on-site event planner will help you with everything from staging and decor to vendors and reception menu ideas. Give us a call at 508-478-7800 to get a FREE estimate for your upcoming wedding or to schedule a tour of our facility.