Most people don’t really think about all of the items that they will need to purchase for a Milford wedding reception until they start thinking about their own wedding. If you are going this alone and are not using a professional wedding planner, it is essential to choose a venue that will assist you with your reception staging ideas. Years of experience working with other couples in the local area can be a tremendous asset, especially to someone who isn’t quite sure how to plan a Massachusetts wedding. When you work with The Crystal Room, our in-house event coordinator will help you learn how to stage a wedding reception, providing information on options available through our venue and from trusted, pre-vetted local vendors to create the wedding of your dreams.
This is a great place to start because your guest tables and wedding party table will be the primary focal point of the event. The first thing you need to do is to gather reception staging ideas that will provide room for everything you want to include at your Milford wedding reception. Space for the cake, gifts, guestbook, and other unique elements must be considered, as well as having room for all of the guest tables and a dance floor at the venue. This is where our experienced team at The Crystal Room really benefits couples who are working to plan a Massachusetts wedding. We can show you floor plan ideas and help you stage a wedding reception that will ensure that you maximize the available space.
Some of the things you will want to consider for table decorations include:
- centerpieces – can be rented from our venue, purchased through a florist, or DIY by you and your wedding party, depending on your theme
- garland and runners
- table numbers – available with our Custom Wedding Package
- custom dinner menus
- placemats, chargers, plates, silverware, and glassware
- napkins and linens – available in our Custom Wedding Package
- specialty chairback decorations
- LED candles and uplighting
- additional decorative items to go with your wedding theme
After the tables, you need to look at the big picture for your Milford wedding reception to select the decorations that you want to compliment your reception staging ideas. Whether you are hosting a classic, traditional, modern, or eclectic type of event, you will want to choose venue decorations to match. Reception staging ideas can help here as well, providing you a list of tables and areas within the facility that will require decoration. The entryway can be adorned with hanging decorations, lights, or an arbor archway for a grand entrance and exit. Tables can have their own signage, specialty decorations, and lighting. You can go as big or minimal as you want, depending on your budget and theme.
Some of the things you will want to consider for venue decorations include:
- guest book table decorations, signs, guest book, and lighting
- gift table decorations, gift card receptacle, and signs
- seating arrangement and menu signs
- dessert table, cake table, and other buffet-style table decorations
- cake stand, topper, and enhancements
- bar or drink station signs and decorations
- overhead decor, specialty lighting, and dance floor decorations
- photo booth or selfie backdrop area and props
- wedding favor display
- bridal suite or lounge seating areas and tables
- personalized decorations – photos, quotes, and more throughout the venue
Additional Reception Staging Ideas
If this does not feel like enough for your Milford wedding reception, make sure to consult with our on-site event planners. We can offer solutions, vendor suggestions, and options that can be used to plan a Massachusetts wedding that will keep your guests talking for months after the honeymoon is over. Our many years of providing quality services to local clients have helped us learn how to stage a wedding reception and offer assistance to our couples that are unmatched in the area. We have couples coming here from all throughout the Southcoast area, including Southeastern Massachusetts, Cape Cod, Boston, and Rhode Island, as well as from other northeastern states and cities. If you would like to discuss your options for a Milford wedding reception, give us a call at 508-478-7800 to schedule a tour of our venue. We can answer any questions that you might have about how to stage a wedding reception at our facility and provide you with details about availability, catering, our Custom Wedding Package options, and more.